||Data Product Owners
||INNOVIM, LLC is seeking Data Product Owners to support NASA in its mission to provide scientists and other users access to data from NASA’s Earth science missions, including satellite, aircraft, and field measurement data.
Products developed on the EOSDIS Evolution and DEvelopment (EED-2) contract include robust web applications, high performing search engines and integral infrastructure components. EED-2 is committed to using agile development practices and a devops approach
on its high performing teams. As such, team members are expected to be self-starters and participate in all aspects of the system development lifecycle. Additionally, team members are encouraged to regularly suggest improvements to EED-2 processes and tools
in order to make our products better and our work more efficient.
1. Work directly with various internal and external stakeholders, including senior staff and department managers, as well as with focused development teams to define new features and ensure successful translation of those requirements into high-quality product
2. Decompose features into user stories for development teams to implement
3. Define and document acceptance criteria for each user story
4. Ensure traceability between features and user stories
5. Ongoing backlog grooming to get the user stories to a 'Ready' state for development teams and to ensure that stories, bugs and enhancements are correctly prioritized to deliver value quickly to end users
6. Act as a recognized voice of the customer to the team, on behalf of the business. Represent the business with the ability to prioritize tradeoffs, clarify requirements, and work to drive user stories to acceptance throughout the Agile software development
7. Participate in sprint planning, demos, and retrospective meetings and provide feedback to the teams
8. Answer questions identified during sprint planning sessions and daily scrum
9. Formally accept the user stories once all acceptance criteria are met and demonstrated
10. Display a practical understanding of agile principles and practices
11. Develop a deep understanding of the customer and product needs
12. Review test cases against user stories' acceptance criteria
13. Ensure that all goals and milestones have been met
14. Verify value was provided to the business
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science / Systems Engineering or 8 years of relevant experience
2. 5 years of experience with Project Management, Systems Engineering and / or Business Analysis
3. Experience in working directly with customers and/or end-users to assess pain points, derive requirements and understand priorities
4. Experience in developing requirements and user stories
5. Experience driving teams and management to decisions and obtaining difficult information and answers
6. Experience systematically analyzing problems, drawing relevant conclusions, and devising appropriate courses of action
7. Experience in working with cross functional teams in an Agile / Scrum work environment as a Product Owner: writing user stories, and following the development process through user story acceptance
8. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Outlook
• Ability to effectively break down barriers to maintain progress on initiatives
• Diplomatic with strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication with both technical and business audiences
• Demonstrate strategic thinking by using appropriate information to diagnose problems, identify possible solutions and collaborate with impacted groups to drive decisions
• Self-directed and able to drive detailed solutions to completion with minimal oversight
• Knowledge of SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework)
• Ability to diagram solutions (UML, DODAF, or other)
• Willingness to be hands-on with technology
This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an employee assigned to this position. This description is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working
conditions associated with this position.
INNOVIM offers competitive compensation packages including comprehensive medical/dental/life insurance, matching 401(k) contribution and Educational support.
INNOVIM does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of INNOVIM and INNOVIM will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
INNOVIM is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical
or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend