||System Administrator EOSDIS
||INNOVIM, LLC is seeking a System Administrator to support the NASA Earth Observing System Data and Information System (EOSDIS) Evolution and Development 2 (EED-2) program.
The administrator will be responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of system COTS, application software and related infrastructure. This individual ensures that system COTS, operating systems, software systems,
application software and related procedures adhere to EED and NASA standards and policies.
The candidate will participate in all phases of system development and deployment. These activities include technical analysis and design as well as support of development and operations staff in testing and deploying the system to operational environment.
Participation also involves the transition of software from development to production by performing deployment activities within the project life-cycle.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
• Install new / rebuild existing physical and virtual servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
• Develop and maintain installation, configuration and security procedures.
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
• Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
• Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
• Apply OS/application patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
• Perform ongoing performance, system and application tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
||• Must have experience automating tasks using scripting languages (e.g., shell, Perl, Python, Powershell)
• Must have knowledge of core system and security applications and protocols such as basic TCP/IP, DNS, NTP, NFS, LDAP, SSH, Kerberos.
Must have foundational understanding and working skills in analyzing and correcting application and network anomalies.
• Must have knowledge of Web service platforms such as Apache, Nginx, Tomcat, Ruby on Rails
• Must have knowledge of storage volume management and filesystems
• Must have proven understanding of high availability, data/system replication, and disaster recovery methodologies in the system and database spaces.
• Must have knowledge of VMWare virtualization.
• Candidate must possess an active public trust clearance or the ability to pass a National Agency Clearance with Inquiries (NACI) screening.
• Certification in Red Hat Enterprise (RHCE), Oracle Enterprise Linux (Linux Administrator OCA), or Linux Foundation Linux Certification (LFCE) . RHCE is preferred.
• Experience with Postgres and/or MySQL
• Network administration experience
• Experience with establishing and supporting operational systems using AWS Management Console and Services
• Experience with automation frameworks such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt
• Experience with application container technologies such as LXC, Docker, or Rocket
• Experience supporting software development teams, tools, and processes
• Experience with Agile development methodologies and the Atlassian tool Suite (JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo)
Required Education & Experience:
• Must have a BS degree in a technical major, such as engineering or computer science, or 6 years direct experience in lieu of degree
• Must have a minimum of 4+ years of experience as a Linux system administrator (RedHat or CentOS Linux 6 or 7)
This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an employee assigned to this position. This description is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working
conditions associated with this position.
INNOVIM offers competitive compensation packages including comprehensive medical/dental/life insurance, matching 401(k) contribution and Educational support.
INNOVIM does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of INNOVIM and INNOVIM will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
INNOVIM is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical
or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend