||Software Engineer for NASA Data
||INNOVIM, LLC is seeking a Sr. Software Engineer to support the NASA Sentinel Gateway (NSG) system operation, which will ingest data products from the European Space Agency (ESA) and make them available to a selected set of Archive Centers and the earth
science user community.
As a member of the operation support team the candidate will support NSG daily operation activities including, but not limited to, application jobs configuration, application workflow monitoring, system health monitoring, operations metrics collection and reporting,
data reconciliation with ESA data hub and the DAACs, diagnosing/troubleshooting operations issues, and supporting operations maintenance.
The qualified candidate will also support the NSG development team in the areas of system integration testing, acceptance testing, and application release deployment. The candidate will work on site at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC), Maryland.
• Monitor the system’s health and status daily, 8 hour/5 day support, including week-end coverage on rotating schedule. This includes monitoring ingest, storage, distribution, and deletion of data products from the system.
• Determine and acquire missing products. Support data reconciliation activities.
• Track, troubleshoot, correct, and document any system issues found.
• Maintain documentation required to capture and communicate operations, processes, policies and procedures.
• Collect and report quantitative information on NSG system holdings, availability, performance, and usage.
• Maintain inbound and outbound staging areas.
• Perform NSG system integration testing, acceptance testing, and application release deployment
• Support external interface testing with the DAAC systems
||• 4 or more years of system development/operations engineering experience preferably in the area of earth science data systems
• Hands-on experience in system integration testing, acceptance testing, and application release deployment
• Proficiency in Linux shell scripting, and Perl or Python
• Energetic, self-motivated, team player
• Strong written and verbal communication
• Experience using Atlassian tool suite (JIRA, Confluence)
• Experience in agile development methodology and practices
This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an employee assigned to this position. This description is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working
conditions associated with this position.
INNOVIM offers competitive compensation packages including comprehensive medical/dental/life insurance, matching 401(k) contribution and Educational support.
INNOVIM does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of INNOVIM and INNOVIM will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
INNOVIM is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical
or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend