||Project Manager - Federal Acquisitions
||INNOVIM, LLC is seeking a Project Manager for a team supporting a major National Weather Service (NWS) acquisition project. The Project Manager will be responsible for key aspects of the Radiosonde Observing System Support (ROSS) project planning and performance.
The goal of ROSS is the acquisition and implementation of a new radiosonde observing system. The ROSS team provides project management and technical support services to federal program staff to successfully execute the ROSS acquisition.
Located in Silver Spring, MD, INNOVIM is a significant provider of science, engineering and technology services to government agencies.
• Define, evolve, and manage the execution of a sound acquisition strategy
• Supervise project contract personnel
• Organize and assign required project tasks
• Oversee successful completion of all assigned tasks and ensure conformity to all contractual obligations
• Exercise independent judgement, as well as a high-level of analytical skill, in solving non-routine technical, administrative and managerial challenges
• Maintain a complete repository of all documentation corresponding to this task
• Manage the project Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) via MS Project, while conducting necessary stakeholder coordination for status and updates
• Propose and manage the project budget and spend plans
• Facilitation of project team and stakeholder meetings and working groups
||Required Skills and Qualifications:
• PMP or equivalent certification
• Experience in the acquisition of complex systems, and the corresponding project management skills for coordination of tasks associated with large federal acquisition programs
• Experience writing and delivering high-quality federal acquisition documents
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; including use of proper English grammar, knowledge of engineering and acquisition related technical terms of reference
• Expert in MS Office and MS Project
• Expert in project management approaches and techniques
• Ability to effectively work as part of a team, including with federal staff serving as program and functional experts
• Ability to organize and present complex material in a succinct manner for senior management presentations and briefings
• Ability to perform risk identification and develop risk mitigation strategies
• Ability to organize and manage a detailed MS Project schedule file
• Ability to create and manage a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)• Ability to manage a project budget, and formulate future spend plans
• Bachelors’ degree in a related field (engineering preferred)
• Minimum 8-10 years’ experience in project management with demonstrated success, and at least 4 years supervising staff.
• All candidates must be able to pass a National Agency Clearance with Inquires (NACI) screening. The work is onsite at a federal government location.
Desired Skills• Familiarity with Department of Commerce (DoC) or Department of Defense (DoD) acquisition policy and lifecycle framework
• Familiarity with the systems engineering processes within government acquisitions
• Familiarity with the NOAA and NWS
This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an employee assigned to this position. This description is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working
conditions associated with this position.
INNOVIM offers competitive compensation packages including comprehensive medical/dental/life insurance, matching 401(k) contribution and Educational support.
INNOVIM does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of INNOVIM and INNOVIM will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend