||INNOVIM, LLC is seeking a designer-drafter to participate in configuration management activities supporting operations at the US National Weather Service in Silver Spring, MD.
The candidate will provide electro/mechanical design drafting services on a temporary basis in support of configuration management and engineering drawing development and maintenance efforts for AWIPS and other NWS configuration managed systems.
Among the activities to be supported are:
• Develop, validate and incorporate Engineering Change Notices (ECN), Engineering Change Proposals (ECP) and Configuration Audit red-lines into baseline engineering drawings and associated lists.
• Generate and validate equipment and component part numbers through vendor contact and vendor catalogs and updates part lists as required.
• Develop routine and ad hoc drawing and configuration reports for NWS Management.
• Assist with Physical Configuration Audits at operational sites. Gather and document delta configurations for incorporation into baseline engineering drawings and associated lists.
• Generate ECN for authorization to revise baseline drawings
• Provide drawing impact analysis as a result of ECPs or Requests for Change (RCs)
• Maintain associated lists and documentation (data list, index lists, drawing trees and drawing status) as required to manage the drawing package.
• Work closely with the OBS Technical Reference Librarian to ensure documents are properly released and available for use.
• Develop new and /or revise existing engineering drawings and associated lists to clearly define NWS equipment/system/ and components
• Review cable drawings and cable identification cross reference listings and provide cabling documentation package
• Provide CM WEB page maintenance, update image, drawing and associated list data using CM web maintenance applications, and development of static pages
• Provide full implementation and coordination of activities related to the integrity and quality of CM data provided on the CM web pages
• Attend task status meetings, branch systems and software developer meetings, preparing and providing Weekly Status Reports, Gantt Charts, technical reports and analysis, contract program status reviews, research and reports on new technology, and maintenance
data collection and reporting improvement efforts; respond to due dates as assigned.
• Attend and report on Configuration Control Board and Technical Interchange meetings, as needed.
The Design Drafter must have core skills to support Electro-mechanical Design, Drafting/CM Administrative Support tasks,
||Candidates must have a BA/BS degree with 0-2 years of experience in a related field and the ability to assist with design, development, analysis and implementation of all technical solutions.
All candidates must be able to pass a National Agency Clearance with Inquires (NACI) screening as the work is on site at a federal government location. The candidate must be a US Citizen, or Permanent Resident holding a working status, and be able to pass a
This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an employee assigned to this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions
associated with this position.
INNOVIM offers competitive compensation packages including comprehensive medical/dental/life insurance, matching 401(k) contribution and Educational support.
INNOVIM does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of INNOVIM and INNOVIM will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
INNOVIM is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical
or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend