||Principal Procurement Manager
||Subcontracts and Procurement
|Apply by Date
The Principal Procurement Manager is responsible for the overall functional and administrative management of the procurement and expediting functions and for overseeing the department’s effectiveness in project execution. The individual filling this position
is accountable for the end-to-end Procurement, Expediting and Logistics activities associated with projects being executed by IHI E&C International Corporation, to include defining departmental processes and procedures, engaging the team in effective utilization
of system tools, liaising with and maintaining an Approved Vendors’ List, and setting key metrics. Significant interface with the Project Management Team including the Project Director, Construction Manager, Project Controls Manager, Subcontracts and Procurement
Department Manager, Engineering, Legal and other Project functions is required.
• Overall management of the Procurement department including oversight of the Procurement, Expediting and Logistics functions.
• Initiate and participate in Strategic Sourcing events and activities in-line with the larger Category Management strategies.
• Responsible for managing and maintaining and Approved Vendor’s List for the company mapped to key categories and technologies.
• Actively plan and manage resource requirements with the available talent pool, aligned with in-take plans and current project requirements.
• Create departmental processes and procedures to facilitate the effective execution of projects.
• Review the Project Execution Plan and prepare Project Procurement Plan including procurement, expediting, inspection and logistics plans.
• Establish project specific Terms & Conditions, when required, in conjunction with legal department.
• Maintain a strong working knowledge of tactical tasks, reports and activities on a project for the concerned functions.
• Prepare and monitor Request for Quotations (RFQ’s) on receipt of a Material Requisitions (MR’s).
• Review and analyze supplier’s quotations in conjunction with requisitioning engineers.
• Participate in negotiations where necessary to achieve the best possible outcome.
• Monitor the progress of performance of the group against project plans.
• Organize close-out meetings with suppliers.
• Ensure problems are identified in a timely manner and appropriate corrective action plans are developed; participate in resolving disputes, claims and performance issues.
• Ensure that Procurement close-out report for the project are executed properly.
||Essential Qualifications & Requirements:
• 20+ years of progressive experience in the procurement field in a project environment.
• Minimum 10 years of prior domestic and international procurement as a Project Procurement Manager including major equipment and materials purchasing, expediting, inspection and logistics.
• Experience with EPC projects ($50MM TIC or greater) as a Project Procurement Manager in the execution phase is required.
• Proven experience with balancing Procurement goals and minimizing project risk management.
• Strong communicator, ethical, organized and disciplined individual.
• Strong negotiation skills with proven track record of results.
• Deep knowledge of vendor base in key equipment.
• Able to objectively drive procurement agenda by influencing upwards and at peer group level.
• Motivational skills to drive team to perform at maximum potential, develop and supervise staff, set direction, and manage programs.
• Prefer Supply Management Database experience (SmartPlant Materials).
• Demonstrate an ability to accomplish established objectives within a diverse corporate environment including within an international environment.
• Ability to handle multiple projects and priorities.
• Proven ability to handle adverse situations and drive to favorable completion.
• Bachelor degree, preferably in engineering or business administration.
• Masters in engineering or business, or equivalent years of experience, preferred.
• Certificate courses in Procurement, Contracts or Supply Chain discipline preferred.
• Multi-functional (Procurement/Expediting/Inspections/Quality/Material Management) background preferred.
||Send This Job to a Friend