||Subcontracts and Procurement
|Apply by Date
The Project Procurement Manager II is responsible for the functional management of the procurement and expediting processes and for their project execution. The individual filling this position is accountable for all procurement activities associated with projects
being executed by IHI E&C International Corporation, to include using system tools and applying departmental processes to qualifying vendors, placing and administering of purchase orders for equipment and materials, expediting of equipment, materials and documentation,
and transportation/logistics. Significant interface with the Project Management Team including the Project Director, Construction Manager, Project Controls Manager, Subcontracts and Procurement Department Manager, Engineering, Legal and other Project functions
is required. Focal point of contact within a project environment for all procurement related issues, including the supervision of the daily activities of the assigned project personnel responsible for purchasing, expediting, inspection and logistics/transportation.
• Review and contribute in the preparation of a Project Execution Plan and prepare Project Procurement Plan including procurement, expediting, inspection and logistics plans.
• Establish project specific Terms & Conditions, when required, in conjunction with legal department.
• Prepare project specific Approved Manufacturers List (AML).
• Prepare and maintain a Project Purchasing Supervisors Report for the duration of the project.
• Prepare and monitor Request for Quotations (RFQ’s) on receipt of a Material Requisitions (MR’s).
• Expedite supplier quotations.
• Manage expediting of the submission of vendor drawings and manuals, placement of material orders, manufacturing, and preparations for delivery.
• Review and analyze supplier’s quotations in conjunction with requisitioning engineers.
• Prepare commercial bid tabulations in accordance with established format.
• Organize and chair pre-award/clarification meetings with suppliers.
• Negotiate the best possible price and delivery with suppliers in a professional and ethical manner.
• Monitor the progress of and expedite suppliers during manufacturing.
• Manage trade compliance including Incoterms and customs issues.
• Review, action and verify invoices in a timely and accurate manner in conjunction with the assigned project accountant.
• Co-ordinate visits of suppliers to site location for commissioning, repair and warranty activities.
• Organize close-out meetings with suppliers.
• Ensure problems are identified in a timely manner and appropriate corrective action plans are developed; participate in resolving disputes, claims and performance issues.
• Prepare a Purchasing close-out report for the project.
||Essential Qualifications & Requirements:
• Minimum 2 years of prior domestic and international procurement as a Project Procurement Manager including major equipment and materials purchasing, expediting, inspection and logistics.
• 8+ years of progressive experience in the procurement field in a project environment.
• Experience with EPC projects ($50MM TIC or greater) as a Project Procurement Manager in the execution phase is required.
• Ethical, Organized and disciplined individual with well-developed communication skills.
• Strong negotiation skills with proven track record of results.
• Deep knowledge of vendor base in key equipment.
• Superior proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
• Prefer Supply Management Database experience (SmartPlant Materials).
• Strong interpersonal skills required to deal effectively with operational management throughout the organization.
• Leadership capability to develop and supervise staff, setting direction, managing programs, and bringing projects to fruition.
• Demonstrate an ability to accomplish established objectives within a diverse corporate environment including within an international environment.
• Ability to handle multiple projects and priorities and be confident enough to make and stand by difficult decisions.
• Bachelor degree, preferably in engineering or business administration.
||Send This Job to a Friend