||Grade II Engineer
The Grade II Engineer will assist in the hands-on maintenance of building systems for the safe, efficient, and proper operations of all assigned properties. This position will perform minor repairs and helps in the operation, monitoring, and performance
of preventative maintenance on building systems to include life safety systems as necessary.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Possess a trained and working knowledge of A.C. circuits and safety procedures.
- Possess a trained and working knowledge of the procedures for resetting of breakers.
- Possess a trained and working knowledge of outlet, switch, lighting ballast, and circuit breakers.
- Possess a trained and working knowledge of basic refrigeration cycle.
- Possess a trained and working knowledge of DDC devices found in a commercial office building.
- Some properties may require a trained and working knowledge of pneumatic systems
- Responsible for minor preventative maintenance of an AHU.
- Respond to HVAC calls; determine if repair is needed in a timely manner.
- Test & make minor adjustment to chemical treatment levels in water system.
- Perform daily inspections and log of a chiller and report anything out of range.
- Replace belts, motor, bearings, actuators, and values.
- Possess a trained and working knowledge with the ability to troubleshoot and repair field devices such as a power induction units, variable volume units (PIU/VAV) and similar diverse types found in a commercial building.
- Will have involvement with set point adjustments with the buildings energy management system.
- Troubleshoot and make minor adjustments and repairs to the pumping system.
- Perform basic preventive maintenance on plumbing systems.
- Rebuild and repair flush valves and faucets.
- Responsible for inspecting and replacing wax bowel seal and remounting of toilet and urinals when needed.
- Responsible for minor preventative maintenance of a systems pump.
- Adjust and service pressure-reducing valves.
Life Safety Systems
- Perform required operations on the buildings life safety systems.
- Identify and respond to fire alarm and troubles in a timely manner, properly enable and disable points.
- Conduct and log a weekly inspection of Emergency Generator and Fire Pumps.
- Perform other life safety duties as assigned.
- Repair and replace door closures & minor door hardware as needed.
- Responsible for minor adjustment and repair of security systems.
- Read and record tenant utility meters.
- Understanding of mechanical drawings and wiring diagrams.
- Responsible for remedial tasks such as painting, cleaning and unclogging toilets, or drains.
- A minimum of 4 years experience in building maintenance industry and/or a certified and credited trade school degree in HVAC, electronic, or other industry related trade required.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must be knowledgeable in the safe and proper use of the following tools: ladders, lifts, basic hand tools, volt meter, manual drain auger, safety goggles, ear protection, and fire extinguisher.
- Must be able to operate heavy equipment such as chillers, generators, switchgear, pumps, air handling units etc.
- Must have excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Must be a team player, able to work outside the core business hours when needed and willing to accept a variety of tasks associated with this position.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of operations.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work well with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Responsiveness – Need to perform responsibilities with an acute sense of urgency to meet the needs of others; respond to solve problems; willing to accept a variety of tasks associated with this position.
- Integrity - Demonstrate sound business ethics; consistently comply with organizational values; protect confidential information.
- Customer Service – Demonstrate optimum customer service delivery while performing all job functions
- Communication - Able to clearly express ideas; present verbal information in a straightforward manner; ask questions in order to open channels of communication.
||Send This Job to a Friend