||Senior Property Accountant
||Corporate Employee - 191
The Senior Property Accountant is responsible for the timely and accurate financial reporting of assigned properties. Responsibilities include month-end close for assigned business units, reconciliation of accounts on a monthly basis, monthly calculation
of operating expenses by tenant, reviewing accounts payable for accuracy, and assisting property management and accounting department with financial projects as needed.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Accurately record income, expenses and changes in assets and liabilities on a monthly basis.
- Update projected cash flow schedules throughout the year.
- Record Cousins Properties Incorporated's (CPI) share of partnership income on a monthly basis, and ensure that Equity Pick-Up Business Units are accurate.
- Ensure inter-company balances are reconciled and paid in a timely manner.
- Assist Assistant Controller, Asset and Property Managers as needed (especially with variance reporting and A/R issues).
- Assist property manager in annual budget process with Asset and Property Managers.
- Assist property management with quarterly forecasts for assigned properties.
- Review and calculate monthly DOE/CAM calculations, ensuring compliance with lease agreements.
- Reconcile all balance sheet accounts and applicable income statement accounts to ensure accuracy.
- Promptly record reconciling items and prepare schedules supporting each account.
- Calculate depreciation and amortization.
- Review monthly bank statement reconciliations and promptly record any reconciling items.
- Review annual letters sent to tenants concerning the upcoming year base rental and estimated DOE/CAM amounts. Ensure correct amounts are accurately reflected in the accounts receivable system.
- Ensure that leasing commissions, tenant allowances, taxes, insurance, etc. are paid in a timely manner.
- Ensure that monthly mortgage payments are being paid and recorded appropriately.
- Ensure that FASB 13 is considered for all new leases, and recorded accurately as needed.
- Assist in quarterly SEC reporting requirements.
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
- A minimum of 4+ years of corporate accounting experience required. Real Estate experience required.
- Must demonstrate initiative and ability to take on projects that benefit the accounting department or other customers.
- Must be organized, concise, detailed, flexible, and efficient.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of operations.
- Must possess the ability to take initiative to resolve problems and offer solutions in a professional manner.
- Must be a team player, able to work outside the core business hours when needed and willing to accept a variety of tasks associated with this position.
- Must be able to read and interpret lease verbiage as it relates to DOE/CAM and real estate tax provisions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Visio) is required. Yardi a plus.
- Responsiveness – Need to perform responsibilities with an acute sense of urgency to meet the needs of others; respond to solve problems; willing to accept a variety of tasks associated with this position.
- Integrity - Demonstrate sound business ethics; consistently comply with organizational values; protect confidential information.
- Communication - Able to clearly express ideas; present verbal information in a straightforward manner; ask questions in order to open channels of communication; listen to understand perspective of others.
||Send This Job to a Friend