||Grade I Engineer
||Hayden Ferry Lakeside
The Grade I Engineer will be responsible for the hands-on maintenance of building systems for the safe, efficient, and proper operations of all assigned properties. This role will perform repairs and help in the operation, monitoring, and performance of
preventative maintenance on building systems as necessary.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Must possess basic understanding of A.C. circuits and safety procedures.
- Responsible for the proper reset of breakers and report shorts.
- Responsible for replacing outlets, switches, and lighting ballast.
- Must possess basic understanding of refrigeration cycle with a universal CFC license.
- Responsible for preventative maintenance of an AHU.
- Respond to HVAC calls; determine if repair is needed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for testing & adjustment of chemical treatment levels in water system.
- Perform a daily inspection and log of a chiller and service and adjustment.
- Replace belts, motor, bearings, actuators, and values on an AHU and Cooling Tower.
- Responsible for adjustments to pneumatic/DDC controllers and actuators for proper operation.
- Adjust set points, start-up and temperature on building energy management system.
- Trouble shoots a power induction unit (P.I.U. or F.P.T.U.) to determine if operating properly.
- Trouble shoot, adjust, and balance pumping system.
- Must possess understanding of plumbing systems.
- Rebuild and repair flush valves and faucets.
- Responsible for the replacement of wax bowel seal and remounting of toilet urinals and lavatories.
- Responsible for the preventative maintenance of a systems pump.
- Adjust and service pressure-reducing valves.
Life Safety Systems
- Must possess understanding of the operations of the buildings life safety systems.
- Identify and respond to fire alarm and troubles in a timely manner, properly enable and disable points.
- Conduct a weekly inspection and log of Emergency Generator and Fire Pump, recommend outside service.
- Repair and replace door closures and door hardware as needed.
- Responsible for adjustment and repair of security systems
- Understanding of mechanical drawings and wiring diagrams.
- Employee must be available for remedial tasks such as painting, cleaning and unclogging toilets or drains.
- Employee must be available for shift or weekend assignments.
- A minimum of six years of experience in the building maintenance industry.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must be knowledgeable in the safe and proper use of the following tools: ladders, lifts, basic hand tools, volt meter, manual drain auger, plumbers helper, safety goggles, ear protection, and fire extinguisher.
- Extensive knowledge in Chiller and Boiler operations is
Must be able to operate heavy equipment such as chillers, generators, switchgear, pumps, air handling units etc.
- Must have excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Must be a team player, able to work outside the core business hours when needed and willing to accept a variety of tasks associated with this position.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work and communicate effectively
with all levels of operations.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work well with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be willing to work rotating shifts.
Need to perform responsibilities with an acute sense of urgency to meet the needs of others; respond to solve problems; willing to accept a variety of tasks associated with this position.
- Demonstrate sound business ethics; consistently comply with organizational values;
protect confidential information.
- Customer Service –
Demonstrate optimum customer service delivery while performing all job functions
- Able to clearly express ideas; present verbal information in a straightforward manner; ask questions in order to open channels of communication; listen to understand perspective of others.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning and repair/maintenance tasks.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near and
color vision and depth perception.
||Send This Job to a Friend