Responsible for developing, implementing, maintaining, and improving manufacturing processes, methods, and controls in accordance with product specifications and quality standards. Troubleshoots production issues to determine root
cause and corrective actions. Coordinates manufacturing launch for new or revised products. Supports production to drive success in key performance indicators. Specifies tooling requirements and manages tooling implementation projects. Recommend, justify,
and implement new manufacturing equipment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Follow all safety standards and policies and ensure a safe operating environment, including use of appropriate protective equipment and identification of potential safety concerns.
- Develop capable and efficient manufacturing processes by studying product requirements and researching, designing, modifying, and validating manufacturing, assembly, and inspection methods.
- Specify, cost justify, design, develop and test various tools, machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods; and/or oversee the sourcing thereof.
- Coordinate the manufacturing launch of new/revised products including establishing processes, implementing new tooling, providing written procedures, supporting manufacturing issues, and evaluating results.
- Evaluate manufacturing processes and identify continuous improvement opportunities for safety, quality, delivery and cost. Apply knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials. Confer with equipment
vendors. Solicit observations from operators. Collect, analyze, and summarize manufacturing information and trends.
- Coordinate and implement quality control objectives, activities, or procedures to resolve production problems, maximize product reliability, or minimize costs.
- Keep equipment operational by specifying and coordinating maintenance and repair.
- Develop design-for-manufacturing criteria and process capability expertise to provide input to future product and process design activities.
- Confer with clients, suppliers, staff, and management personnel regarding purchases, product and production specifications, manufacturing capabilities, or project status.
- Provide a manufacturing engineering presence on the production floor to assure interaction with team members from all shifts and appropriate manufacturing engineering support and feedback for the teams.
- Provide technical resources for incident investigation, root cause analysis and corrective action. Participate when requested in finished product and raw material MRB process.
- Provide training to production and support personnel. Develop and implement standard operating procedures. Support and implement standard manufacturing practices.
- Mentor other engineers and technicians in best practices.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Four-year degree from an accredited college in an Engineering field or equivalent. Manufacturing Engineering and Mechanical Engineering preferred