Responsible for the development and implementation of inspection programs for use during receiving and in-process inspection. Uses input from design and manufacturing engineering to create inspection methods and provides feedback to improve product and
tool designs. Oversees, develops and conducts inspections of aircraft components and tools using CAD and GD&T information with portable and stationary Coordinate Measuring Machines. Supports troubleshooting efforts to eliminate product non-conformances.
Demonstrates creativity and technical knowledge in developing inspection solutions. Provides oversight and instruction to other personnel using metrology techniques and equipment. Expected to work largely independently under the direction of a Quality Assurance
- Leads the development of inspection methods and techniques used in production of aircraft and aircraft components
- Collaborate with design and manufacturing engineers to develop and improve inspection methods
- Operate metrology equipment for the inspection of aircraft components and manufacturing tools
- Manage hardware and software maintenance as required for metrology inspection equipment
- Accomplish tooling certification and maintain records of calibration in the tool certification database
- Develop inspection programs to operate the automated CMM for the inspection of aircraft components using CAD and GD&T data
- Perform measurement systems analysis
- Perform measurement system error and non-conformity root cause evaluations and assists in develop corrective action plans
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of the Quality Assurance Manual
- Support standardization and continuous improvement the inspection processes.
- Provides support to other quality assurance personnel as required
Education and/or Experience:
Associates degree in CAD and/or experience in creating/reading drawings with GD&T information. Professional course study in inspection software and techniques. Inspection experience with 6 years as CMM operator, 3 years writing inspection
programs for CMM equipment.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, or Abilities:
- Able to read, interpret and inspect to drawings, procedures and process specifications with the ability to articulate findings
- Proficient in the use of advanced metrology equipment such as Faro Arms, Laser Trackers, CMMs, and Laser Scanners.
- Proficient in Polyworks and PC-DMIS inspection software
- In-depth knowledge of GD&T
- Working knowledge of Pro-Engineer
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and all related programs
- Problem solving and analytical skills for root-cause analysis and troubleshooting
- Spatial and mechanical aptitude