Assists in the plycutting area pulling plies up, building kits, provides kits to other departments as needed.
• Operates plycutter with either individual files or “Super Nests” in order to cut fiberglass plies and kits.
• Retrieve plies from the plycutter, putting them in numerical order, then onto rolls or into bags as necessary.
• Understands ply labeling system, the concept of “super nesting” and exercises vigilance while retrieving plies cut as part of a “Super Nest”.
• Utilizes various visual and written references to ensure all plies are in the kit.
• Arrange material on cutting table according to length required for cutting, including centering, taping, or applying veil when required.
• Performs limited adjustments to drawings already digitized and re-nests as necessary to meet short-term operational contingencies.
• Initiates and maintains appropriate digitizing worksheet changes and maintains appropriate changes within the established file system.
• Understands importance of computer security, safeguards assigned passwords and exercises appropriate computer security procedures on a daily basis. Immediately reports unauthorized Ply cutter/Digitizing
computer access to Team Lead, Plycutting Supervisor, Manufacturing Engineer or the Plant Manager.
• Must inspect kits for completeness, proper storage techniques, accuracy of paper work and shipping labels if required.
• Shall complete tracks and files as necessary work instructions, material roll tags, or any other necessary paperwork.
• Recalibrates x, y or theta axis of plycutter utilizing laser pen and other requisite aids, reloads ply cutter controller, and re-initializes system when necessary.
• Performs all required preventive and operator maintenance on the plycutter & digitizer systems.
• Must perform computer and Plycutter initialization ensuring air pump is turned on and verifies air pressure by gauge on the cutting head. Monitors table vacuum pressure and verifies appropriate
• Recall the requisite Plotter Pilot file from network.
• Moves through and verifies multiple table files as required.
Qualifications: High School Diploma of GED required; one to twelve months' related experience and/or training preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.