Our Catering Department is Hiring Cooks!
Overview: The Staff of big Catering is responsible for providing professional, friendly, and efficient service; ensuring a seamless event for each client and their guests. Catering staff may be assigned to one or more assignments described below,
depending on the needs of the event and the skills and experience of the employee.
Cook- Service Standards Overview: Accurately and efficiently cook meats, fish, vegetables, soups and other hot food products as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking. Also perform other duties in the areas of food and final plate
preparation including plating and garnishing of cooked items and preparing appropriate garnishes for all hot menu item plates.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Make all guests feel comfortable and let them know you’re there to personally take care of them.
- Monitor and observe the guests’ dining experience to ensure the guests are satisfied with the food and service. Respond promptly and courteously to any requests.
- Report concerns immediately to the Floor Captain or Supervisor. Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Be conscientious of the event timeline and help maintain an appropriate pace. Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Prepares item for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating.
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes. Handles, stores and rotates all products properly.
- Possess full understanding of health code standards and safe food-handling procedures.
- Ensure food items are replaced and replenished as needed.
- Answer questions about food, beverages and other catering services. Keep food tables and stations clear of trash and clean up any spills immediately.
- Report to the Floor Captain or Supervisor if additional help is needed on the floor or at a station.
- Be ready and willing to bus and clean as needed throughout each event.
- Bussing is a primary catering responsibility and everyone is required to contribute. Be ready and willing to assist in any area if you have down time.
- Assist servers and bartenders as needed with bussing, restocking, etc.
- Be proactive and anticipate the guests’ needs to ensure efficient service.
- Keep yourself busy and on task.
- Maintain a clean uniform and follow uniform guidelines as determined in the big Burrito Employee Handbook.
- Read and understand the company provided alcohol service guidelines. Attend and satisfactorily pass testing for mandatory RAMP certification within 90 days of employment.
big Catering and big Burrito Restaurant Group are Equal Opportunity Employers