||Human Resources Generalist
||bBRG Management Offices
Join our team! big Burrito Restaurant Group is looking for a Human Resources Generalist to work with us.
The position is based in our corporate office in Pittsburgh, PA where we foster an environment of creativity, passion, and teamwork. The successful candidate will have the skills and qualifications described below; attention to detail; a sense of humor;
and a desire to improve yourself and our organization.
We offer a competitive benefits program and compensation commensurate with experience.
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for:
- Planning, executing, and administering employee benefit programs, including health, life, accident, disability, workers’ compensation, and unemployment insurance
- Processing or acting as a back-up in processing payroll
- Holding a leadership role in the safety program
- Supporting the Human Resources function
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
- Planning, executing, and administering employee benefit programs, including health, life, accident, disability, workers’ compensation, and unemployment insurance.
- Manage the eligibility and enrollment of employee benefits
- Stay up to date on benefit and safety-related compliance issues and trends
- Initiate new worker’s comp claims and track status of ongoing claims
- Track leaves of absence and issue FMLA/accommodation request notices.
- Support in the interactive process for FMLA/ADA accommodation approval.
- Processing or acting as a back-up in processing payroll.
- Process assigned portion of payroll bi-weekly or act as back-up for payroll processing to include:
- vacation accruals and time off
- wage attachments
- processing new hires and terminations
- Holding a leadership role in the safety program.
- Hold a leadership role in the Safety Committee and other safety initiatives
- Together with the HR Director, the Facilities Manager, and other stakeholders, ensure compliance with OSHA and other safety regulations.
- Track food borne illness and customer incident reports
- Work with store managers to ensure that all customer injuries are reported within 24 hours and confirm that the customer as well as our insurance carrier are contacted. Prepare or support in the preparation of written reports addressing how to prevent future
- Review all restaurant incident reports timely and summarize weekly to Director of Human Resources.
- Supporting the Human Resources function.
- Assist employees and managers with payroll, policy, and benefit concerns and questions
- Respond to all employment verifications
- Support the recruitment process by posting positions and ads
- Conduct background checks for applicable employees
- Maintain HR filing and employment data in physical files and in the company’s HRIS system as appropriate
- Complete or assist in completion of compliance reports for OSHA, EEO-1, Safety Renewal Certificate, SPD/SAR, 5500, 401(k) Non-Discrimination Testing, 1095-Cs/W2s, Workers’ Comp
- Assist in conducting employee 90-day and annual employee check-ins as needed
- Assist in conducting employee investigations and in other employee relations issues
- Complete unemployment compensation documents, prepare for and attend hearings
- Support with other HR-related matters as appropriate
- Paid time off
- Company matched 401(k)
- Health, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance coverage
- 50% discount for you and a guest at any big Burrito Restaurant!
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 2 years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least 1 year of experience in benefits administration
- Experience working with HRIS/HRMS systems
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with Ultimate Software/UltiPro Payroll and HRIS system
- Experience working in the restaurant/hospitality industry
big Burrito Restaurant Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
||Send This Job to a Friend