||LINE COOK; Soba
Summary of Position:
Accurately and efficiently cook and plate salads, hot and cold appetizers, and assist
with the production and plating of all food. Additionally, will be responsible for the
preparation of all ingredients for the station, replenishing as needed, and complete
breakdown and cleaning of station. Also perform other duties in the areas of food and
final plate preparation including plating and garnishing of cooked items and preparing
appropriate garnishes for any menu item plates. Also, participate in general cleaning,
organization, and preparation of foods and the kitchen.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers, and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods,
quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Prepares item for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating.
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Handles, stores and rotates all products properly.
- Changes fryer oil.
- Possess full understanding of health code standards and safe food-handling procedures.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
Performs other related duties as assigned by the Kitchen Manager or manager-on-duty.
Working in our award-winning restaurants offers you a good job and competitive earnings, plus the following benefits:
- Paid Vacation: Full time employees accrue 10 days per year.
- Shift meals: BOH staff receives a free meal during their shift ($ value may be limited). Some locations offer a family style staff meal.
- Employee Discounts: 25% off the entire check for you and a guest at ANY big Burrito Restaurant Group location; 50% days offered at every location on varying days; ask your manager for more details.
- Health Insurance: Medical, dental and supplemental plans available to full time employees.
- 401(k) retirement plan: Tax-deferred retirement savings plan, company matches your contribution at 25%, up to the first 4%.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking or completion of
- At least 6 months experience in a similar capacity.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to withstand hot temperatures for prolonged periods of time.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours).
soba and big Burrito Restaurant Group are Equal Opportunity Employers
||Send This Job to a Friend