Beazer Homes, headquartered in Atlanta, is one of the nation's largest homebuilders with homes for sale across the United States. We build homes that meet and exceed ENERGY STAR® requirements while appealing to homebuyers at various price points across various
demographic segments. In addition to saving energy, our homes allow personalization through our flexible floorplans and design upgrades.
Our long-term business strategy focuses on providing our customers with quality homes, while seeking to maximize our return on invested capital over time. Beazer Homes’ legacy includes building homes for America’s families for over 50 years – over 130,000 in
the last 12 years alone. Beazer Homes has been listed on the New York Stock Exchange since 1994 under the ticker symbol “BZH”.
It is the policy of Beazer Homes to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity
and/or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated or other covered veteran, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Beazer Homes will provide
reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Manages all on site activity including managing staff and subcontractors to complete homes on time and within budget.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Studies specifications to plan on basis of starting and completion times and staffing for each phase of construction.
- Orders procurement materials to be delivered at specified times to conform to work schedules.
- Coordinates all on site construction without supervision including daily interaction with Region/Division departments and city inspectors while coordinating and managing efforts of staff and subcontractors through all phases of construction.
- Locates, qualifies and schedules all subcontractors, negotiating pricing, inspecting work quality and completeness and ensuring prompt and accurate submission of invoices.
- Conducts daily physical inspection of each house to determine progress and to ensure staff and subcontractors comply with Company safety and quality control standards as well as any agency standards; oversees completion of walk through items.
- Ensures staff and subcontractors follow Company and Region/Division construction, quality control and safety methods and procedures; resolves complaints and grievances within work force; resolves customer problems.
- Adjusts personnel and equipment resources as needed to resolve construction problems and to avoid delays.
- Maintains complete file on each house so can provide timely and accurate progress reports.
- Manages on-site trailer area, all under construction home sites, completed unsold home sites, vacant lots and community as a whole such that all are kept clean and marketable at all times.
- Builder position may coordinate and manage Asst Builders on multi-tract projects.
- Performs other duties assigned by Construction Dept Head or Area Manager/General Superintendent.
- High School diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree in construction related field/equivalent experience preferred.
- Ten years practical construction experience with portion of experience accumulated as subcontractor, but strong supervisory experience in trade.
- Knowledge of local codes and construction methods, construction material identification and use.
- Knowledge of all phases of new home construction and Federal, State and Company safety regulations; ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Organizational and management skills; detail oriented; possess good judgment and common sense.
- Ability to recognize and resolve problems.
- May have occasion to lift/carry and/or push/pull 50 pounds.
- Certified in first aid and CPR preferred.
- Construction sites where temperature, weather and noise may vary; may encounter electrical, dust, poor ventilation, dangerous machinery and moving objects and toxic conditions.
||Send This Job to a Friend