a.i. solutions is looking for a key contributor to the development of our web-based flight dynamics software, Meridian. Meridian is used in operations by commercial and government space customers around the world, to generate astrodynamics products and fly
spacecraft across various orbit regimes. If you are an aerospace engineer with a passion for space and software development, and are looking for an opportunity to solve real space system challenges, then our environment may be the right fit for you! The ideal
candidate will develop a deep understanding of a.i. solutions’ FreeFlyer software, generating scripts in FreeFlyer for integration with Meridian. The candidate will also leverage his or her understanding of orbital mechanics as a driver for user experience
improvements and be called upon to expertly address challenges posed by customers using Meridian. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to embrace the a.i. solutions mission and work to continually exceed the expectations of our customers.
Essential Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop FreeFlyer Mission Plans for integration with Meridian for a variety of orbit regimes
- Participate in all software development life cycle phases including gathering requirements, trade studies, designing solutions, development, testing, and implementation in operations.
- Participate in inter-disciplinary teams to design and develop systems capable of supporting satellite operations and mission analysis.
- Interact with the customer and internal team members.
- Contribute to solving complex technical problems and performing trade-off analyses of feasible options.
- Document and communicate your work to peers and customers through informal forums, as well as formally in conference and journal publications.
- Continually research the latest progress in software, technologies, and operations to grow our value to the customer.
- Create and update software systems documentation.
- Support customer site visits for demonstrations, presentations, and Meridian installations.
- Identify possible areas of improvement for Meridian or the Meridian team's processes.
- Travel domestically and abroad as required (approximately 1-3 trips per year).
- Bachelor’s Degree in aerospace engineering, physics, mathematics, or related field.
- Experience with orbital mechanics/astrodynamics.
- Experience with orbit determination/navigation and/or flight dynamics-related tools, particularly FreeFlyer.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- U.S. Citizenship.
- 1-5 years of software development experience in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills, with the ability to independently identify and resolve problems.
- Ability to quickly connect in-person and in writing, and to actively listen and perceive the needs, values, or opinions of others
- Demonstrated leadership accomplishments professionally and personally and the desire to contribute to team leadership by reviewing program documents, team output, and customer requirements
- Proactivity in identifying and addressing challenges to include innovations that result in positive organizational impact
EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Please view
Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
||Send This Job to a Friend