||Accent Food Services, headquartered in Austin, Texas, is the premier provider of business break room services in ten (10) continental states and the District of Columbia. AFS employs over 700 team members and operates more than 175 distribution routes,
serving over 12,000 customers, 25,000 vending machines, & 800+ micro-markets. With our ever-increasing services, technology, and products, Accent Food Services has exceeded customer expectations for over 20 years!
We are searching for a Warehouse Manager to oversee and direct warehouse operations and personnel to ensure the distribution center maximizes profitability, increases efficiency and reduces waste.
• Responsible for the short and long-term leadership & management of warehouse operations and staff, the execution of replenishment, and receiving/inventory transactions.
• Maintains profitable operations by reducing operating expenses and controlling inventory.
• Creates POs, conducts weekly/monthly/annual cycle counts, resolves any discrepancies, conducts end of month reconciliations, and posts inventory invoices.
• Plans layout of warehouse and storage areas, monitors transactions, assists in equipment decisions, maintains building facilities, and responsible for product security in the warehouse.
• Creates and implements rotation requirements for products.
• Maintains and analyzes data and scorecards of key performance metrics to continuously improve inventory control.
• Responsible for training and implementation of HACCP protocol.
• Operates all systems that contribute to the successful operation of the business.
• Oversees and/or administers forklift training, lightspeed activities, product mapping, product return, and trash management.
• Participates in the review, development and implementation of standard operating procedures that align with company objectives and goals.
• Champions continuous improvement processes by using and applying lean principals such as Kaizen, 5’S, TPM, Kanban, Policy Deployment, etc.
• Collaborate with other departments and participates in cross-functional projects to improve business processes and efficiencies.
• Champions a safety-focused work environment to reduce/eliminate work-related accidents and injuries.
• Carries out leadership responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, coaching and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; assessing
skills; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving issues.
||• Bachelor's degree preferred.
• 5 or more years of related experience with warehouse management, inventory management, and receiving and distribution processes
• Lean Six Sigma certification, strongly preferred
• Strong change management skills with ability to learn and implement Lean Manufacturing Principles and Concepts
• Demonstrated skill as an effective leader, communicator and collaborator; passion for developing talent
• Ability to work with database inventory management software, Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word are required
• Must be able to demonstrate urgency and problem-solving skills
• Project Management experience is preferred
• Mechanical skills and ability to operate manual and industrial equipment such as a pallet jacks and forklifts
• Ability to lift, push, and pull 50 lbs and able to perform work in outside weather conditions.
In addition to salary, we offer a benefits package including health/dental/vision/life insurance, 401(k), short- and long-term disability, paid time off.
Accent Food Services is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals.
||Send This Job to a Friend